The National Institute of Cancer Research & Hospital (NICRH) is staffed by highly qualified experts dedicated to cancer patient care, education, and research. This is the country’s only interdisciplinary cancer patient management center. It originated in a tin-shade building of Dhaka Medical College Hospital in 1982 and moved to Mohakhali in 1986.
The Rotary Club of Dhaka created the Rotary Cancer Detection Unit (RCDU) and the Cancer Institute started working as an outside cancer detection unit solely. Formed in 1991, 50 bed indoor facility The National Institute of Cancer Research & Hospital (NICRH) opened in 1994, and the first patient received radiation in 1995 using a Cobalt 60 Teletherapy system.
The Saudi Fund for Development (SFD) helped finish the 300-bed upgrade of this Institute. NICRH became a 300-bed hospital in April 2015.
Catagory : Cancer Hospital
Address: Mohakhali, TB Gate Road Dhaka-1212, Bangladesh